Today was beautiful, warm and a bit windy. The thermometer reached a high of 98 degrees in New Braunfels...I know, you may think this is hot, but I thought it was grand because there was no humidity!! It was that dry Texas heat and I was actually able to enjoy some time on my patio without getting drenched in sweat.
This evening, after running some errands, Jacob and I stopped by Landa Park on the way home for a quick picnic dinner by the Comal River. It was 7:00 and still 95 degrees and the thought of putting our feet in the 72 degree water was too much to resist! It felt great, although after awhile a bit numbing. We no sooner got our blanket laid down and our food unpacked and we got some visitors.
At first we thought this little group of fluffy ducklings were looking to steal some food; however, they surprised us when they walked right over to our blanket and took the plunge right next to Jacob. They were so close he could have touched them. Unfortunately, we didn't have the camera out. They didn't hang out for long, but headed up stream against a fairly quick current. Not long after they were back for a short visit and then on down stream where some people were tossing bread into the water. 
It was a wonderful way to wrap up the day...just me and my boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment