Monday, April 13, 2009

Sometimes it's the little things...

I'd like to think that I have somewhat of a green thumb. I've had successful vegetable gardens, flower beds and pretty healthy house plants. My one challenge has been getting an orchid to re-bloom. I've killed several orchids over the years, but I keep buying them. Last year, at the Flowertown Festival, I purchased two. One, we had in our master bathroom and the other was in "Sue's room." The one in the bathroom lost not only it's blooms, but also dropped it's leaves. In hindsight, I think it must have something to do with the bathroom cleaners I was using (I now use greener products.) When we moved I tossed that one and brought the other one with us. It had lost it's blooms, but the rest of it looked good. Somehow it (and my other house plants) survived the journey to Texas (via PA) nestled in the back of the Explorer and in the back seat of Jim's car. The orchid now resides in our master bathroom and over Easter weekend, it bloomed...

Coincidence? I think not. Sometimes it's the little things that send the biggest message.

No comments: