Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Swine Flu

Just in case anyone is wondering...Jacob's school district and the surrounding Comal county school district just announced that they will be closed starting tomorrow through May 11 due to confirmed cases of the Swine Flu. We are all healthy here and have been sanitizing and taking extra vitamin C. We don't know what this will do to the rest of the school year, since they were originally getting out on May 29. We'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that is scary. Keep washing the hands after you know what & try to protect yourselves. I am sure the kids are happy about the vacation but not an extended school year. Stay well.
Love Mom

Stephanie said...

We've been trying to decide what precautions we need to take to avoid this other than the usual "hanitizer" (or hand sanitizer as adults refer to it). I'm wondering if we should be avoiding eating for now. I took the kids out of school a month ago so they are mostly home except for church and any play/eat outings. What are y'all avoiding?

Christine said...

Stephanie: Not much so far. We weren't surprised by the school closing since a district in the next county was already closed. Jacob was at scouts last night when we got the word (yippee!); that concerned me a bit since it's such a large group and various ages. I'm still letting Jacob play with friends that we know well and doing the "hanitizer" thing, too. I'm a little leary about going shopping, eating out, etc.