We got rain...much, much needed rain!! We are expecting it all day tomorrow, too. It's just a drop in the bucket compared to what we need to help us out of this drought, but every bit helps and it's less we have to pay to water the grass. Usually I don't like rainy days, I'm Susie Sunshine all the way, but today it didn't bother me. At least it didn't bother me until I went to pick Jacob up from school. I like the Sun because it means heat. Today, it was only 49 degrees and windy! A bit of a change from yesterday's balmy 84 degrees. Even so, we made the best of things. After coming home Jacob and I did some reading and then made a hearty, comfort meal of chicken and dumpling stoup (yes, I meant to spell it that way) and a dessert of Magic Cookie Bars (or Hello Dollies). We ate a little early and after dinner Jacob was in the mood for board games...I love that he loves board games!
We played

Zooreeka first. It's from the Cranium series of games and it's fun and fairly quick. Next we played Clue. Classic Clue with Coronal Mustard and Miss Scarlet. We always have a great time playing this because we make sound effects, goofy faces etc. each time we make a suggestion. It gets pretty silly, but it keeps things fun! Tonight, Jim accused Mrs. White of doing the dastardly deed in the library with the rope!! He was correct and won. In fact, he won both games tonight. Hmmm.

Anyway, we didn't mind our rainy Wednesday evening at all. I just hope all this blows through before next Wednesday when Sue will be making her first visit to New Braunfels. We don't want her to have a soggy visit.
4 comments:
Hasn't the rain been awesome?! We've needed it desperately. Cooper has been amazed at it because I don't think he recalls ever seeing this much rain. On the way to school this morning, he just kept saying, "Water everywhere, Mama!"
Oh how sweet! We appreciate the rain too, but I can do without the chill factor.
Are y'all still wet and freezing?! We've gotte four inches of rain up here and supposed to get more tomorrow. Crazy! I feel like we're back in Indian Springs when it never rained for just a day, but usually a week at a time. Is it still raining down there? I'm still enjoying the rain, but I'm ready to get my flip-flops and tank tops back out that I was wearing at the beginning of the week. LOL!
Yep, we're still all wet. It's raining this morning, but doesn't feel as cold. I'm with you, my toes are ready for the freedom of flip-flops!
Post a Comment