Jacob loading his backpack in the Troop trailer on Saturday.
I went hiking with my Boy Scout Troop 133 at Bastrop State Park. It was a 9.4 mile hike including the 1.1 mile hike to and from base camp. It was the first time I hiked with a backpack and it was 18 lbs.
I hiked with my buddy Austin and had to make sure I didn't bring peanuts because he has peanut allergies. My patrol name is the Scorpions and Austin is in it, too! But, Austin and I were the only ones from my patrol to go on this hike, so we had to join the Pirate patrol. We had to share a tent with Ryan and Hunter from the Pirate patrol. It was cold outside, less than 40 degrees. I was a little cold in my sleeping bag because I slept at the side of the tent. Someone played a practical joke on us and sprinkled oatmeal around our tent so the critters would scratch at our tent. And I was unlucky to be at the side of the tent.
For dinner, which I really didn't like, we had chicken flavored Ramen Noodles...ugh! Breakfast was better. It was hot cocoa (for it was cold outside), banana cream oatmeal and vanilla breakfast bars that got frozen overnight. They were hard.
The best part about it was the 7.2 mile loop hike. It was more fun than the short one and I got to spend more time with my buddies. Today I'm tired and hungry and want to go to lunch now.
Going home Sunday... hungry and tired.
1 comment:
Jacob - Congrats on completing the hike! It looks like a lot of fun, although if it were a hike through a mall, it would have been more my kind of hike. And, I don't blame you for not liking the Ramen noodles, but you should probably acquire a taste for them before you head off to college.
Post a Comment