Jim unexpectedly came home from work early and gifted me with a "bouquet" of fruit from Edible Arrangements...it was yummy! After a game of mini-golf on a hellishly hot day in the sun, we went for a late lunch at P.F. Changs. Being that it was late in the day we shared appetizers...chicken lettuce wraps, crispy green beans and steamed pork dumplings...yummo! After a little shopping and driving around (which I found out later was to kill time since we were close to our finally destination), we arrived at The Melting Pot.
For starters...
The nearly 2 1/2 hour feast began with a our choice of the traditional Swiss cheese fondue served with an assortment of breads, veggies and crispy apples. Our second course was a choice of salad...I went with my favorite, Caprese salad and Jim and Jacob both had Caesar.
Tasty second course...
For the main entree we chose the Fondue Fusion, which was an incredible selection of seasoned meats including lobster tail, shrimp, filet mignon, chicken, and pork and included mushrooms and fresh veggies. All of which we cooked in the Mojo Style (a Caribbean- seasoned bouillon with garlic and citrus. It was such a delicious combination!
Cooking away...
Our fourth and most sinful course was the chocolate fondue. We went with the Yin & Yang...a half dark chocolate and half white chocolate served with strawberries, bananas, cheese cake, marshmallows (that was interesting), brownies, pound cake and rice krispies treats!!!!
We all over indulged, but it was such a wonderful feast that restraint was impossible!
1 comment:
Hey there 41-year-old!!! (As you know, I'm not that far behind you.. 37 - ugh!!) We have a Melting Pot restaurant in Harrisburg too. My mom went and has been telling us to try it. Was it good? It looked great from your pictures! Tim and I love to try new places. Miss Sydney June is now 4 - I can't believe it!! We are having a family party for her this afternoon. I will email you some pictures. Kiss the boys for me! Love You!! :-)
Post a Comment